Tank Tactics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tank Tactics

Post by OpusTheFowl on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Hull-Down(HD)

If you notice, true HD is were the glacis plate, or front armor, is hidden. Semi-HD is effective too but you really need sloped armor for this to be effective; the T34 and T14 are two great examples of good semi-HD tanks.

Angling

Every tank is different but you almost always want to NOT be 100% square to your target. Notice how the tip of the gun is almost at the corner of the tank? That's perfect as you'll be providing a 45' "slope" to the enemy...

Side-Scraping

A more advanced form of angling...it's a bit counter intuitive and again, tank/situation specific but it works.

Remember that if you know where the enemy is, DON'T drive right at him as you are not angled. Tack back and forth to help increase your angle...it's of course tank and situation dependent but it's a Tanking 101 thing...

Over-watch, bounding over-watch (leapfrog) are also very important in WOT (sorry no image).
It's more complex and very situational dependent so I'll do this one later...

If you are in the open, do not sit for longer than 10 seconds...even fast firing arty needs about 10 to reload/aim so that's all the time you have...if you tank takes time to reload then make sure you are moving when reloading to rob arty of an easy shot...

OpusTheFowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tank Tactics

Post by SAW on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Great info Opus!

I think we all can agree we need to start playing "smarter" now that we are comfortable with the game.

This link is loaded with good explanations of the basics: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Tactics

Looking forward to more tactics!!!

SAW
Admin

View user profile http://lackeys.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Memnoch on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 pm

yes Thank you opus Smile the hull down I knew.. the angling is clearer now and the sidescraping I had no idea what it was so Thanks Smile

Memnoch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke_52 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Good stuff Opus. Thanks. Smile 

Smoke_52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:35 pm

Sponsored content