Tanks Lines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tanks Lines

Post by SAW on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Some thoughts on tanks lines I've been mulling over.

Now that we have Tier 5 and are looking at Tier 6, most of the paths towards the next tanks offer a fork in the road.  Thinking long term, now is time we do our research and choose tanks very carefully as they are becoming very expensive and the buying and selling we do will start to hurt us.  I'd love to get into the tournaments, tank battles, and clan wars some day and we're gonna need solid tanks to be competitive.  That said, there are still tanks I want just for the fun factor so I guess it's grind grind grind  Very Happy 

I think I'm gonna concentrate on the American TDs and Russian Heavies ending up with the American T110E4 and Russian IS-7 when we finally reach Tier X.

Admin

View user profile http://lackeys.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanks Lines

Post by OpusTheFowl on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Nice post.

I agree as the step to Tier 6 is pretty steep so just imagine how we're going to feel going to 7 or higher.

I'm currently going for the Hellcat but other than that, haven't though of it much. I'll probably stick more to the TDs as that's more my style but also sniping MT or HT...probably no arty though...

I have the Priest to Elite and then I am done all Tier III's...then it's Tier IV's...I'm really in no rush to climb higher as the fun factor starts to drop if you are only grinding...
OpusTheFowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OpusTheFowl on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:53 pm

To illustrate just how painful the grind is the cost after the Hellcat to the T10 T110E3 TD (which is the cheaper line) will cost:

$$: 16,000,000
XP: 621,350

The real scary thing is that those numbers do not include modules! So if you want or have to unlock a gun or engine to get to the next tier, that's added onto the total...

...and again, this is a cheap path! The Maus alone costs $6M and needs 200k XP just to unlock and buy!
OpusTheFowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SAW on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Yikes

Great research! Puts it into perspective.

We need to keep on grinding away and hopefully they'll have some discounts and specials (like the 250,000 for 15 victories) we can take advantage of.....

Admin

View user profile http://lackeys.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Memnoch on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:41 pm

The only line I know for a fact, I am going to follow is the Russian Heavy Line.. Kv-2 and on from there. Now as we move up in tiers does the value of kills, damage and spotting etc. etc. follow suit and increase as well? Or do we have to grind more and more? I mean I know there is still gonna definitely be a painful grind but just how painful.
Memnoch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OpusTheFowl on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:45 am

Memnoch wrote:Or do we have to grind more and more?
That's exactly why it's called the grind...

It looks like average XP does go-up but I think that experience, not tiers. We fight in the same tanks yet I'm earning on average 15% more than you per match...not much but WoT works on large numbers so over the course of 1000 battles, that's and extra 37k of XP in my favor.

This is why a premium account is listed as the single best "investment" in WoT...that +50% XP/$ bonus is huge...
OpusTheFowl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top